Monday 19th October 2020
Today we had another confirmed case of coronavirus reported to us. Those children that need to self-isolate have been contacted. The letter below is for pupils that have not been identified as a contact.
For the latest updated DfE advice for parents and carers on looking after the mental health and wellbeing of children or young people during the coronavirus outbreak: www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-on-supporting-children-and-young-peoples-mental-health-and-wellbeing.
Please also see below contact details for local support services:
- Children and Young People’s Service (South Tyneside and Sunderland) – www.cntw.nhs.uk/services/children-young-peoples-service-south-tyneside-sunderland/
- Sunderland Community CAMHS – www.sunderlandcommunitycamhs.nhs.uk/
- Washington Mind Young People’s Project – www.washingtonmind.org.uk/the-young-peoples-project/
- Sunderland Mind Wellbeing Action Support Project – www.sunderlandmind.co.uk/how-we-can-help/young-peoples-project/
DfE have published guidance for parents and carers on supporting children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing during and following the covid-19 pandemic. It includes some very useful hints and tips for supporting children and young people.
Useful Websites for Learning
Letters to parents/carers
Letters issued to parents/carers are available to download in date order (most recent first). Please select the document you wish to view by clicking on the link below:
Useful links for parents/carers
We have provided various links to Government and NHS website pages which parents/carers may find a useful source of information.
Please click the links below to access the pages as required:
- Government Response Online
- Guidance For Households With Possible Coronavirus Infection
- Guidance on Social Distancing for Vulnerable People
- NHS 111 Coronavirus Web Page
Please click the links below to access web pages as required: